It is the dream of every person to have perfect skin. The main reason is that perfect skin boosts their confidence. However, some conditions can happen which can interfere with your skin appearance. For example, varicose veins can interfere with your skin and cause a painful experience. Most people suffering from the condition usually seek the best treatment that can cure the condition. If you suffer from varicose veins, vein ablation St. Louis is the best treatment. The following is the crucial information you should understand before going for the procedure.
Preparation for the procedure
The following are the crucial things you should do before receiving the procedure.
- Ensure that you have someone that will take you home after the procedure. Since you will take anesthesia and pain medicine, driving home on your own would be unsafe.
- Explain to the doctor the medicines that you have been taking and how your health has been. The main reason is that some medicines may increase the risk of bleeding during the procedure.
- Understand the procedure. Individuals must understand the procedure they have planned, including the benefits and risks.
- Ensure that the hospital and the specialist have a copy of your advance care plan. It lets the other individuals understand your care wishes before the procedure.
What about on the day of the procedure?
The following are the activities which you should carry out on that day:
- Avoid drinking and eating. Drinking or having a meal can increase the risk of complications during the procedure. If the specialist has instructed you to take medicine on the day of the procedure, you should only take it with a sip of water.
- Remove all piercings, contact lenses, or jewelry.
- Take a bath before the procedure. After a bath, you should not apply deodorants, perfumes, lotions, or nail polish.
When you should call a specialist
You should call a specialist if;
- You have suffered illness such as flu, cold, or fever before the procedure.
- You have concerns or questions regarding the procedure.
- You want to reschedule the procedure or if you have changed your mind indefinitely.
After the treatment
These are the activities that you should carry out to assist recovery.
- Get enough rest. Ensure that you have enough sleep to attain full recovery.
- Start walking regularly. Walking boosts the individual’s blood flow, reducing instances of blood clot or swelling. Even though it may be challenging, you should start walking and increase the amount you walk progressively.
- Avoid standing in one place for a long time.
- Avoid strenuous activities. Some activities could delay the recovery process or worsen the condition. You should ask the doctor when you can start the activities such as bicycle riding, weight lifting, aerobic exercise, and jogging.
Most people suffering from varicose veins are taking a long time looking for a facility that will offer them quality service. Have you been suffering from the condition and looking for a place to get the best treatment? You should relax because Midwest Institute for Non-surgical Therapy (MINT) is here to serve you. An award-winning Goke Akinwande, MD, works with a team of specialists to help you in full recovery. Book your appointment today and mark the end of your suffering.