When you hear the word ‘mold,’ you are probably picturing that old bread that grew different ugly substances. Practically, you do not want to get sick because of mold exposure because you will not enjoy it. Developing an illness from exposure to too much mold that causes health issues is what your doctor will refer to as mold toxicity Downtown Seattle. Mold toxicity may present a variety of symptoms that may be hard to piece together for a mold-related issue. Read the discussion below to understand the spread, symptoms, and possible treatment options for mold issues.
How Do Mycotoxins Spread?
Mycotoxins can result from environmental factors and crop exposure, especially if it involves poor harvesting practices. Usually, they develop in warm and humid conditions, and you can get exposure to smaller amounts for longer periods. Also, mycotoxins may be more present in coffee, but roasting coffee beans can lower their levels and keep coffee mold-free.
What Will Mycotoxins Do To Your Body?
Your symptoms relating to mold issues may fall into two categories. First, you may develop an immune reaction to mold, which causes allergy-like symptoms, including a runny nose, sinus problems, asthma, itchy eyes and skin, and shortness of breath. Second, you may develop a chemical and inflammatory reaction to mold resulting from mycotoxins. Your symptoms may include cognitive difficulties, abdominal and muscle pain, dizziness, ringing in the ears, digestive issues, mood changes, fatigue, and malaise. You may also experience nausea, vomiting, insomnia, anxiety, and depression. Symptoms may vary and have no specific pattern, meaning they could be anything.
How Will Your Doctor Treat Mold Toxicity and Mycotoxin Illness?
Your treatment for mycotoxins may revolve around different approaches to help you achieve better health. First, your doctor may recommend eliminating exposure and mold sources in the environment. You may eliminate dietary mold sources such as coffee, grains, and peanut butter to reduce mold on your body. Secondly, your doctor may address your sinus health and give tips on improving it at home. The third treatment plan may involve a neural retraining program since certain body parts, like the brain, are more susceptible to mycotoxins. No pill can stop the brain from a chronic fight response, so your doctor may retain natural pathways to put the brain response into ‘heal and rest.’ Lastly, your doctor may optimize detoxification to support your body’s ability to bind and eliminate toxins.
Can You Prevent Mycotoxins Exposure?
Since mold can grow easily in food, check your grains, nuts, and dried foods for any signs of mold. As for storage, do not store foods in a too-warm environment that can encourage molds. Also, store foods for a short time.
Mold commonly grows in damp places full of moisture, including in pipes, under wood floors, ceilings, and roofs. While you may notice different types of mold all the time, some may be more dangerous than others. Your allergy to mold and mycotoxins may mean that too much exposure can lead to mold toxicity, presenting many symptoms. You can develop allergy-like reactions, including itchiness, difficulty breathing, sinuses, and runny nose. On the other hand, you can develop an inflammatory response that may cause fatigue, vertigo, cognitive difficulties, and pain. You can consult your doctor if you are concerned about mold issues.