Table of Contents
Before countering the enemy first you should know the enemy in detail, hence what is Anxiety?
Anxiety is a normal feeling like if you are anxious while waiting for test results or while going for an interview or starting a new job or taking a test or moving to a new place etc. this type of anxiety is unpleasant, but sometimes it may motivate you to do better for yourself.
Anxiety is the most common form of emotional disorder and can affect any age group of people. Clinical trials have shown that women are more commonly diagnosed with an anxiety disorder than men.
Common anxiety is the feeling that comes and goes and does not obstruct your everyday life but in the case of uncommon anxiety the feeling of fear may be with you all the time and sometimes it is severe and fatiguing in severe cases this type of anxiety may prevent you from doing even common and necessary things and if it is left untreated, condition will keep getting worse day by day in that case you can go for some benzodiazepines such as alprazolam (blue 1mg xanax), chlordiazepoxide (Librium), clonazepam (Klonopin), diazepam (Valium), lorazepam (Ativan) only after consulting your doctor.
Anxiety is classified into two forms i.e common anxiety and uncommon anxiety;
The symptoms of common anxiety are indicated as below;
- Trouble concentrating
- Increased heart rate
- Rapid breathing
- Difficulty falling asleep
The symptoms of uncommon anxiety are indicated as below;
- Dry mouth
- Feeling faint or dizzy
- Shortness of breath
- Chills or hot flashes
- Apprehension and worry
- Numbness or tingling
There are different types of anxiety such as;
- Hypochondria; anxiety about your health or illness anxiety disorder
- Phobia; enormous fear of a specific situation, activity or object
- Panic disorder; In panic disorder condition the person may live in fear of the next panic attack or fear of having recurring panic attacks at unexpected times.
- Social anxiety disorder; in this type of anxiety a person has extreme fear of being judged by other people in social situations.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder; in this type of anxiety a person has irrational thoughts again and again that lead you to perform repeated behaviors.
- Separation anxiety disorder; in this type of anxiety a person has a separation fear of being away from closed ones, family, friends or home.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder; in this type of anxiety a person experiences that puts either a person or someone close to them at risk of serious harm or death.
You can also visit: Tramadol 100mg Pink
You can at least start doing something to counter the anxiety, there are 10 easy ways to counter anxiety awaiting medical diagnosis by the doctor, some traditional relaxation techniques that may control and decrease your anxiety, such as;
- Control your breath by deep breathing; Under stress, we may not be noticing but our breathing becomes shorter and shallower, conserving the anxiety cycle. You can try out the 4-7-8 technique, inhaling to the count of four, holding the breath for a count of seven, exhaling for a count of eight or simply focus on filling your belly not just your chest with each inhalation.
- Laughing and Counting; start laughing loudly by opening your mouth or Start Counting to 100, slowly and silently.
- Imagery; Close your eyes and think about something funny, picture an image or a place that makes you feel happy. Think about your favorite humorous moments where you laughed so hard you fell down. These can be real situations, or they can be situations you saw in stories, jokes, or cartoons.
- Distract yourself by reading or listening to music; If nothing is working to control your anxious thoughts, then maybe you can find a temporary distraction by focusing only on the things you really enjoy like reading a book on the topic which you like most or by listening relaxing/slow music which might can break the cycle of your anxiety and give you some relief at least until you’re in a better frame of mind.
- Take a friend or family member with you; Bringing someone, family member or a friend to that place where you might get anxious can give you mentally support and helps to ease anxiety by increasing your confidence and also helps to get rid of loneliness and also helps you distract from your fear by comforting you.
- Talking; calling or chatting with someone, it may help you distract. While waiting for the results, talking with friends, family, loved ones or a counselor can help in dealing with these feelings. You can also talk or chat with someone who has experienced the same situation that you are going through. Often, just being able to hear from someone who has felt the same things is an enormous help, reminding you that you are not alone.
- Eat to ease anxiety; Stress can also be controlled by eating as adrenaline causes blood sugar surges that make us crave sweetness. If you’re stuck in a hospital eating some fruits or sweets can distract your mind by controlling other chemical action into your mind and releasing digestive enzymes into our body, therefore a healthy diet can lower anxiety levels.
- Focus on positives; Think about the way you’ve coped with stressful situations in the past whether it’s your job or medication.
- Muscle relaxation; concentrate your mind and focus on making your muscles feel relaxed and loose.
- Mentally prepare ahead; Prior to an appointment, set your mind set strong, prepare your mind for the worst for emotional success with a bit of mindfulness meditation. Specifically, try meditating on positive things related to yourself. You are the keeper of your health. Listen to health related motivational speeches.